A Quiet Confirmation

Today has been a great day.  I'm so grateful for how God has been working in my heart.  He has been using His Word and a book, Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership by Ruth Haley Barton along with a healthy dose of solitude.  The book is based on Moses' experience in Exodus and his growth as a leader so I've been diving into Exodus myself.

I'm discovering the absolute necessity of solitude with God to be an effective leader.  It is the place God does so much healing and growing.  Today I had some time to do that in the morning and then again in the evening.  During my morning solitude time, I was journaling about some deep work God is doing in my heart.  One of the words I kept using was dismantling.  It was a key word.

This evening as I sat on our driveway soaking in the beauty of the evening and reading the above mentioned book.  I was reading the chapter titled, The Practice of Paying Attention.  In it, Barton used my key word from the morning - dismantle.  Then she used the words striving and straining which have also been key words for me.  And it was a moment of quiet confirmation that God is using this time to do a really good work in my heart.  I spent the rest of the beautiful evening soaking in  God's goodness through the brilliant sunset and the cool breeze.  I felt a deep peace in the depths of my heart.

I'm really looking forward to returning to serving LifePoint Church.  I'm really looking forward to sharing what God has done in me.  I'm really looking forward to being a pastor in a different way.

Praise God.  Praise Him from whom all blessings flow.

Popular Posts